Situation: A CEO wants to increase brand awareness for her company and its primary service. The objective is to increase the client base and drive revenue growth. They have identified their primary growth opportunity and differentiating advantage. What else should they do? How do you increase brand awareness?
Advice from the CEOs:
- What is lacking is a clear vision, path, and marketing plan. These are prerequisites to deciding either the solution or hiring a high caliber individual to execute the plan.
- What steps are involved?
- Survey 20% of current clients. Ask “why did you choose us?”
- Develop the tools to track and show clients service performance online.
- Use these same tools to show company performance online.
- Tune messaging to potential clients to highlight demonstrated service performance.
- Play elite – as the company’s name and reputation grow, clients should aspire to being accepted as clients.
- Think long-term.
- What is unique about the company’s ability to manage and extend the longevity of clients’ key assets?
- How well prepared are potential clients to manage this on their own?
- How does the company help potential clients to manage and extend the life of those assets?
- Once there is a clear plan, fine-tune the internal focus of the company to align with the plan.
- Increase involvement in communities where potential clients are found.
- Host seminars and webinars on relevant topics.
- Evening seminars in locations that potential customers congregate – existing clients attend and bring a friend.
- Focus on referrals from existing clients – with a reward – a free consultation.
- Look for non-competing service providers who can be good referral sources.
- Make it easy for potential clients to switch. Use mass-marketing to spread the word with a multi-tiered approach to different segments of the target market.