Interview with Pradeep Bakshi, CEO, Foundation3
Situation: A new start-up has developed a SaaS application focused on helping sales people and small businesses leverage LinkedIn and other social media for prospecting. The Company’s customers build Private Shared Networks which can be used by sales people to accelerate the Pipeline. Their concern is that historically sales people have not adopted sales productivity and prospecting solutions. What have you done to attract and accelerate trial and acceptance when addressing a resistant audience?
Advice from Pradeep Bakshi:
- Keep it simple and make the application very intuitive and easy to use.
- Do not try to change behavior; make it easier for sales people to do things they already like to do.
- Create an instant “I get it” experience.
- Bias the interface toward instant gratification. This is critical to generating viral marketing.
- Make it easy to tell others what you’ve found – similar to a “Like” button to share a YouTube video.
- There are 15 million sales people in the US.
- You won’t get everyone, but you want to get the “believers” and avoid the “haters”.
- You must quickly find segments of the market who are likely early adopters. For us, the early adopters are in the SMB segment (startups, 25-200 emp.) and the service provider industry.
- Select channels which are open to your messaging and solution.
- LinkedIn Groups are becoming an excellent way to network with like-minded people who can spread the word.
- Look to past contacts to whom you have provided value and who value you. They are more likely to get your value proposition and introduce you to others.
- Allow customers to collaborate with referral sources: potential business partners and collaborators who aim at the same audience that you will serve; and lead sharing partners. These individuals can help you find customers who will value your solution.
You can contact Pradeep Bakshi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Words: Software, Prospecting, GUI, User Interface, Viral, B2B, Early Adopter, Professional, Customer Acquisition, SMB, LinkedIn, Private Share NetworkTweet